|Full Name||Shubman Gill|
|Profession||Indian U-19 Cricketer (Right-Hand Batsman)
Indian IPL 2020 Cricketer Kolkata (Kolkata Knight Riders)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65 kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 38 inches
– Waist: 30 inches
– Biceps: 12 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||India U19– 12 August 2017 against England U19 at Hove,
ODI– 31 January 2019 against New Zealand at Hamilton
Test– Did Not Play
T20– Did Not Play
|Jersey Number||#77 (India U-19)|
|Records (main ones)||Highest score of 330 runs in Punjab’s Under-16 district-level tournament in 2010
In 2017, he became the 4th youngest cricketer for Punjab to hit a first-class century in Ranji Trophy
|Career Turning Point||When he scored 351 runs in the Youth ODI series against England|
|Date of Birth||8 September 1999|
|Age (as in 2013)||23 Years|
|Birth Place||Fazilka, Punjab, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Jaimal Singh Wala Village, Jalalabad Tehsil, Firozepur District, Punjab, India|
|School||Manav Mangal Smart School, Mohali, Punjab|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father– Lakhwinder Singh Gill (Agriculturist)
Mother– Kirat Gill
|Favourite Cricketers||Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shubman Gill
- Does Shubman Gill smoke?: Not Known
- Does Shubman Gill drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Shubman started playing cricket at a very young age.
- He grew up watching Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid & VVS Laxman on television which aspired him to be a cricketer.
- His father also wanted to become a cricketer but never got the opportunity.
- After seeing the interest of Shubman towards cricket, his family moved from Fazilka to Mohali where he rented a house near the Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium.
- At the age of 11, he was selected in the Under-16 Punjab cricket team to play at district-level. In his debut series, he scored maximum runs of 330 in five games and made a record.
- In 2014, he scored more than 200 runs in his first Vijay Merchant Trophy Under-16 Punjab state-level match.
- He also scored 351 runs in the Inter-District Under-16 Punjab cricket tournament ML Markan Trophy and at the district level, he shared a world record opening partnership of 587 runs along with Nirmal Singh.
- He was honoured with the M.A. Chidambaram Trophy from the BCCI for the best under-16 cricketer for his successful season 2013-2014.
- In 2017, he made his List A debut against Vidarbha cricket team in Delhi.
- In the same year, he got selected in India’s Under-19 cricket team and played his first match against England in the Youth ODI series. In this series, he scored 351 runs and became the Man of the Series.
- He was named as the vice-captain of the 2018 U-19 Cricket World Cup.
- In 2018, Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) bought him for ₹1.8 crore at the 2018 Indian Premier League (IPL) auction.
- He is a bit superstitious and always keeps a red handkerchief while batting.
In 2014, in his Under-16 state debut for Punjab, he scored more than 200 runs in his first Vijay Merchant Trophy. For his successful season between 2013-14, In the under-16 cricketer category, he was honored h was honored with the M.A Chidambaram trophy by the BCCI. In 2017, he made his debut against Vidharbha cricket team in Delhi. In 2018 IPL auction, he was bought by Kolkata Knight riders for 1.8 crores. In the Indian Premier League, he made his twenty20 debut for Kolkata knight riders. He was also chosen as vice-captain in the 2018 Under-19 cricket world cup. For the 2019-20 Duleep Trophy, he was named as the captain of the Indian blue team. He is quite superstitious since he always keeps a red handkerchief while batting.
Shubman Gill Career:
Gill made his List A debut for Punjab in the Vijay Hazare Trophy 2016-17. In 17 November 2017, he made his first-class debut for Punjab in the Ranji Trophy 2017-18. Shubman smashed his first first-class hundred for Punjab against Services.
BCCI appointed him as the vice-captain of the Indian U-19 team for the U-19 Cricket World Cup. Gill was the leading run scorer for India in the tournament, scoring 372 runs.
After his spectacular performances in the U-19 World Cup, IPL franchises were shown lots of interest to pick him at the auction and finally KKR bought him for Rs. 1.8 crore. Shubman Gill made his IPL debut for KKR on April 14, 2018.
During his first season of IPL with Kolkata Knight Riders under the captaincy of Dinesh Karthik, Gill has got plenty of chances to play in the squad. He has played 13 matches in which managed to score 203 runs with average of 33. Playing lower down the order, the U19 star player hardly get chances to bat long.