This Biography is about one of the best Politician of the world Mahatma Gandhi including his Height, weight, Age & Other Detail…
|Biography of Mahatma Gandhi|
|Real Name||Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi|
|Nickname||Mahatma, Father of the Nation and Bapu|
|Profession||Politician, Lawyer, Peace Activist, Philosopher|
Gandhi witnessed racism, prejudice, injustice against himself and Indians in South Africa, after witnessing all this, Gandhi extended his original period of stay in South Africa to help Indians in opposing a bill to deny them the right to vote. He asked Joseph Chamberlain, the British Colonial Secretary, to reconsider his position on this bill.
• He helped found the Natal Indian Congress in 1894, and through this organization, he moulded the Indian community of South Africa into a unified political force.
• A new act was promulgated by Transvaal govt in 1906; this act was compelling every male Asian had to register himself and produce on demand a thumb-printed certificate of identity. Unregistered persons and restricted immigrants could be deported without a right of appeal or fined on the spot if they fail to comply with Act. At the same time, Gandhi employed the Satyagraha, a non-violent protest in South Africa. He urged Indians to boycott the new law and to suffer the retribution for doing so. The community adopted this plan, and during the ensuing seven-year struggle, thousands of Indians were jailed, flogged, or shot for striking, refusing to register, for burning their registration cards or engaging in other forms of nonviolent resistance. Government quelled the protest easily, but the public outcry constrained South African leader Jan Christiaan Smuts to negotiate a compromise with Gandhi.
• Upon returning to India in 1915, Gandhi played a major role in Indian Independence, Gandhi took leadership of the Congress in 1920 and began escalating demands until on 26 January 1930, the day when Indian National Congress declared the independence of India. The British did not recognize the declaration, but negotiations ensued, with the Congress taking a role in provincial government in the late 1930s.
• In 1918, Gandhi initiated Champaran and Kheda agitations.
• In 1930, Salt March Movement was initiated by Mahatma Gandhi to oppose taxation on salt by British Government.
• On 8 August 1942, Mahatma Gandhi, initiated a movement named “Quit India Movement”. Gandhi made a call to Do or Die in his Quit India speech delivered in Bombay at the Gowalia Tank Maidan.
|Physical Status & More of Mahatma Gandhi|
|Height||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Personal Life of Mahatma Gandhi|
|Date of Birth||2 October 1869|
|Age (as on 30 January 1948)||78 Years|
|Birth Place||Porbandar State, Kathiawar Agency, British Indian Empire
(now in Gujarat, India)
|Date of Death||30 January 1948|
|Place of Death||New Delhi, India|
|School||Alfred High School|
|College||Samaldas College in Bhavnagar State,
UCL Faculty of Laws,
University College London
|Family||Father- Karamchand Gandhi
Mother- Putlibai Gandhi
Brothers- Laxmidas Karamchand Gandhi,
Sisters- Raliatbehn Gandhi
|Hobbies||Roaming About, Reading books, Listening to Music|
|Favorite Things Of Mahatma Gandhi|
|Favourite Persons||Gautama Buddha, Harishchandra, and his mother Putlibai|
|Favourite Author||Leo Tolstoy|
|Girls , Affairs and More Of Mahatma Gandhi|