This Biography is about one of the best Professional Politician of the world Aung San Suu Kyi including her Height, weight, Age & Other Detail…
|Biography Of Aung San Suu Kyi|
|Real Name||Aung San Suu Kyi|
|Nickname||Daw Suu, Amay Suu|
|Profession||Politician, Diplomat, and Author|
|Political Party||National League for Democracy|
|Political Journey||• On 27 September 1988, she entered politics and founded a political party- National League for Democracy.
• On 20 July 1989, she was put under house arrest.
• In the 1990 General Elections, NLD secured 80% parliamentary seat. However, Burmese military refused to hand over the power to Suu Kyi and she was again put under house arrest.
• On 13 November 2010, she was released from being under house arrest by the Junta Military.
• On 18 January 2012, in special parliamentary elections, Suu Kyi formally registered to contest a Pyithu Hluttaw (lower house) seat in the Kawhmu Township constituency.
• On 1 April 2012, she won her seat and her party won 43 of the 45 contested seats and she became the official Leader of the Opposition in the Pyidaungsu Hluttaw.
• On 2 May 2012, she took her oath and took office.
• On 9 July 2012, Suu Kyi entered the Parliament for the first time as a lawmaker.
• On 6 July 2012, she announced to run for the presidency in Myanmar’s 2015 elections. However, she was constitutionally barred for the presidency.
• In the President Htin Kyaw government, she took over the roles of President’s Office Minister, Foreign Affairs Minister, Electric Power and Energy Minister and Education Minister. • on 1 April 2016, she was appointed the State Counsellor (a post created by Htin Kyaw for Suu Kyi) of Myanmar.
|Physical Stats & More Of Aung San Suu Kyi|
|Height||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 62 kg
in Pounds- 137 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Personal Life Of Aung San Suu Kyi|
|Date of Birth||19 June 1945|
|Age (as in 2016)||71 Years|
|Birth Place||Rangoon, British Burma (now Yangon)|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Rangoon, British Burma (now Yangon), Myanmar|
|School||Basic Education High School No. 1 Dagon, Yangon, Myanmar|
|College||University of Delhi St Hugh’s College, Oxford SOAS, University of London|
|Debut||On 27 September 1988, when she founded a political party- National League for Democracy (NLD)|
|Family||Father- Aung San (Politician and Burmese Freedom Fighter)
Mother- Khin Kyi
Brother- Aung San Lin, Aung San OoS
|Address||54 University Avenue, Yangon, Myanmar|
|Hobbies||Traveling, Reading, Cooking, Yoga, Interest in Modern Art|
|Major Controversies||She has been widely criticized for not taking a clear stand over the 2015 Rohingya Refugee Crisis in the Myanmar. Rohingyas are considered “stateless entities” in the Myanmar. Rohingya is a Muslim minority group residing in Arakan (now known as Rakhine State). They are facing sporadic massacres, “ghettoisation”, rapes and restricted movements.|
|Favourite Things Of Aung San Suu Kyi|
|Favourite Politician||Mahatma Gandhi|
|Boys, Affairs and More Of Aung San Suu Kyi|
|Husband||Late Michael Aris, Historian|
|Marriage Date||m. 1972–1999|
|Earning Money Of Aung San Suu Kyi|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$215 million|